CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

SKYPE

While we were in CV at my parents we were introduced to the wonderful world of SKYPE. It's a free web-based program that allows you to talk via web cam. It is so cool!! Since my brother lives in Italy calling is so expensive and this way we can not only talk to him for free but see him as well--gotta love technology.

While mom and I were in Jonesboro we went by Circuit City and picked a camera up for me too, so now I will join the Skyping community. The web cam has a microphone in it as well and it can clip on top of your monitor or sit on a flat surface. I plan to get mine hooked up today or tomorrow so I can SKYPE my bro. It is so neat, especially for people who have relatives or friends that live far off. Okay, now I'm finished w/ my plug! ;) Happy Skyping!!

Look closely and you can see my brother, Jonathan sitting in his apartment in Rome, Italy. Pretty amazing, huh?!!
Mom talking to Jonathan. It's so clear (most of the time) it's like you're sitting across from one another.

2 comments:

Susan said...

How cool! AND, my parents have a roll-top desk JUST LIKE THAT! Complete with a hidden compartment. I have always loved that piece of furniture.

Rachel said...

That desk was my great grandaddy's (my dad's side)....it has burn marks from cigar ashes all over it..pretty cool.