CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Book Club

Okay so Susan and I started a "Book Club". We've got to give stay-at-home-moms a reason to eat out and visit with other adults!
Our first book we read was John Grisham's, Playing for Pizza. I thought it was good, not his best but good. I think I enjoyed it more because it's set in Parma, Italy and since ya'll know I have a bro that lives in Italy and my husband and I visited him over a year ago; well you get the point.

I loved how the book talks constantly about Italian food, which I love. So, needless to say my mouth pretty much watered the entire time I read the book. It reminded me of our trip to Italy and I found myself smiling while Grisham described the scenery, language barriers, etc. It was pretty parallel to my experience.

A short summary: An ex-NFL player relocates to the small town of Parma to continue playing "football americano". The novel is a story about his experiences in Parma (food, people, surrounding cities and "football"). I am a Grisham fan so I pretty much have to read anything he writes.
We only have 3 people at the moment but if anyone else wants to join us, feel free. We're starting our next book(s)--Janet Evanovich. Wendy and Susan have read some of hers but this is my first one.


Susan and Setler--Setler is trying to give his opinion on the matter...doesn't that color look gorgeous on Su?
Edmond and I eating pizza and talking about the book...
Susan and Setler Mulhearn, Cole and Wendy Sanders

1 comments:

Susan said...

Good updates! I'm going to steal..umm..I mean borrow... some of your pictures. I had a great time. Boldini's was good. As you read ''One for the Money''...think of a fitting restaurant to meet at to keep with its theme. Something New Jersey-esque?! And, don't be afraid of Benito Rameriz.