CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Weekend Warriors


This past weekend we hosted the Rhodes Bunch in Conway. It was alumni weekend at Hendrix College so we had the weekend planned with lots of activities. My parents and my youngest nephew, Kendall stayed at our house while Jason ,Corbin, and Camden stayed at a hotel so they could enjoy the indoor pool. Jamie stayed behind in CV for some R&R; we missed ya!


They all arrived Friday afternoon and headed out Sunday. Friday night my dad and Jason went to the Hall of Fame banquet while we "babysat". Saturday morning my mom and I shopped a little around town while the boys "babysat". Saturday afternoon we headed to the new Wellness Center at Hendrix for the alumni game and to see some fellow Warriors. There is a rock-climbing wall in the center and Corbin and Camden got to try it out (the pictures turned out real dark for some reason).


Saturday evening we went to a lovely dinner at Michaelangelo's. My family are Mike's Place fans (go figure) so Robbie and I wanted to introduce them to their sister restaurant. We had some friends join us as well. Sunday morning we ended the weekend by having a family breakfast at good ole' Cracker Barrel, which is a tradition after a weekend visit (I know you're jealous Jonathan)!! Then it was time for the goodbyes. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of my parents,,sorry mom and dad!


We had a great time having them here for the weekend. Edmond had a blast hangin' with all of his cousins, especially Kendall. It was so quiet after everyone left! It was a busy but fun weekend and you can only imagine what my house looked like after 4 boys got through with it...let me quote Robbie, "We should contact Gov. Beebe and see if we could get FEMA assistance because I think a tornado has been through here..." (I hope no one takes offense to this statement, he was only joking) But how true that statement really was!! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Robbie that you guys make too much money for FEMA to help out! Just try a bulldozer :)

Amy Stalls (Wallace)

Susan said...

Did you have the hashbrown casserole? Cause it's the best. We were there last Sunday around 1:30 for that very menu item! I was craving it after my friend Lesley mentioned it. Uh-oh, hope that doesn't mean anything! IT DOESN'T!